I got hold of a rare 65c802 and some NOS 6504 and 6507’s.
The website https://sites.google.com/site/gogleoops/home is to look at designs of older microcomputers and provide information to people to be able to build some of these for their own use. It is aimed at micro enthusiast with reasonable knowledge of electronics and digital/microprocessor theory.
There are still many older “original”microcomputer boards for sale (on Ebay etc) .. but tend to be rather expensive and in most cases those boards are either not functioning (due to age) ..or rather limited in their operation or not being able actually connect them to anything useful (like current PC’s or terminals).
So in my quest to play around with some of different varieties of microcomputers (like SC/MP, 6800’s, 6502’s,TMS9900’s, 68000 etc) I am sharing some of the design (like pcb’s).. so people can build their own. I do provide some components .. but this is not a commercial venture, so you might have to source other bits from different sources to complete any of the designs. Some are prototype and some are fully built sbc (single board computers).
Now with 6530 and 6500/1.
I discovered more unique 65xx IC’s in my stash of boards.
I have added two pages with photos and manuals of two 6502 SBC manufacturers:
A new KIM CLone kit is coming!
Bob Applegate is filling in the gap left by Vince Briel, with his own design.
- 6502 for now, but will probably ship with a 65C02 (extra instructions).
- Fully KIM-1 software compatible.
- 5K memory from 0000 to 13FF, then another 56K from 2000 to FFF7.
- The top 8K of RAM can be turned off and 8K of EEPROM can be enabled (socket on board for the EEPROM).
- Has an 8V power plug and on/off switch.
- No cassette interface.
- USB serial board. Ie, plug a USB cable between your computer and the KIM clone to use the TTY port.
- Has connector to plug in our SD System. Store/retrieve programs from a micro SD card.
PBC for the UK101 project by Grant Searle.
Somehow during the migration I managed to loose the OSI Model 300 trainer page.
Restored and with some additions!