When I got a SYM-1 again, I needed to add ROMs, RAM and it would be nice to have the 1541 DOS finally operational (I had the documentation since 2000 and typed in the 1541 DOS source into TASM assembler source code).
I found this board on ebay and bought it. Well packaged, nice design with documentation.
– RAM 32K for lower memory (62256)
– ROM for all known upper memory locations, loaded with Monotor, RAE, Basic and the 1541 DOS (28c256)
– power supply – audio interface and power switch and -5V
-SD2IEC interface with 16GB SD card
– a PIC18F27Q10 for glue logic and inverters for the IEC bus
A pity that the design make you loose access to the interface connectors.
Circuit diagram (from private communication with Bob from Galactic Studios)
a href=”http://retro.hansotten.nl/uploads/1541dos/ROMs.zip”>ROMs binaries
- SYM-1 Expansion Board Documentation – Galactic Studios
a href=”http://retro.hansotten.nl/uploads/1541dos/BASIC.zip”>Basic programs
Patches to Microsoft Basic K-1008-2L sources, binaries and demos This package was distributed as a manual and a cassett...
The K-1008 Visible Memory, original for the KIM-1, was also adapted to be used on the Commodore PET. Same specification...
K-1008 Visable Memory Replica by Eduardo Casino Eduardo Casino (see also his work on a KIM-1 Replica), he is working on...
The KIM_1 Simulator and the MTU K-1008 Visible Memory Dave Plummer asked me to add a K-1008 emulation to the KIM-1 Si...