Mr. Nagano, from Tokyo, Japan send me photos and circuit diagram of an AIM 65 reproduction he designed an build: the AIM65-CPLD-3v3.
It is a beautiful, functional, and aesthetically faithful clone. In fact, he built two, one with a CPLD 3V3 version and a 5V version with a 6532 RIOT.
The AIM65-CPLD-3v3 will become available as a complete system (sold on ebay) in the near future.
Features of the AIM-65 reproduction AIM65-CPLD-3v3
- TTY Interface (usb-serial)
- Thermal Printer
- QWERTY keyboard
- 20 x 16-Segment Display
- (No Cassette Tape Interface)
- Main Logic: 3.3V
- 16-Segment Display : 5V
- Thermal printer: 9V
- 16, 12, 8MHz etc. can be selected by replacing the OSC module.
- In addition, 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 can be selected by the DIP switch on the CPLD board
- Peripherals ( VIA/PIA/RIOT ) :
- If the CPU clock is set to 1 or 1/2, peripherals will run at 1/4 of that frequency.
- When the CPU clock is set to 1/4 or 1/8, peripherals run at the same frequency as the CPU.
The following can be selected by setting the DIP SWITCH of the FLASH memory board.
- 000: 8K BASIC/ASSEMBLER
- 001: FORTH + MATHPACK
- 010: PL65/ASSEMBLER
- 011: GWK-BASIC V2.1 for Siemens PC100
- 100: Instant PASCAL
- 101..111: Reserved
Manual of the AIM65-CPLD-3v3 (Version 0.3 May 2 2023)
|AIM 65 Building a Retro-Computer manual,the AIM65-CPLD-3v3 Rev 03|
Mr. Nagano also made a version with a voltage of 5V and running at 2MHz. R65C02, R65C22, R6532A are used for it.
Mr. Nagano as user Labo Asabu on Youtube
User Marco Rey y Sander has received one of the first systems, sent to developers:
Follow Mr. Nagano on twitter: Asabu Labo
Filippo (shinymetal6) published an alpha version of aim65_quartus, an FPGA clone on his github resource. Forum discus...
Christian Ortner (mister-freeze at the VzEkC e. V. forum buold a SBC with expansion around a TIM IC. Here is his proje...
An AIM 65 compatible 65C02 CPU based computer, the MC-65. With a 6532, 6522, terminal I/O, cassette interface, and in th...
a reduced version AIM-65 Mini micro AIM-65 version 2 For AIM 65 ROMS and manuals, see the AI...